We are recruiting for a “Warehouse Operative” to join our professional, market-leading e-commerce fulfilment centre. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to optimise service levels and participate in the business’s day-to-day operations through an effective flow of goods to support sustainable sales growth.
Reporting to the Warehouse and Operations Manager, the role involves various aspects of day-to-day operations, including but not limited to receiving and booking goods into the warehouse, stock taking, picking/packing orders to a deadline and working with the Warehouse Manager and Assistant Manager to improve upon processes and layouts. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring sufficient stock of packaging is maintained for the business and ensuring the cleanliness of the warehouse. In this role, you’ll be key to working within a motivated and fast-paced team, ensuring our orders are picked, packed and out the door on time, and managing our warehouse stock locations.
The right candidate will have experience working within operational teams and will be involved in the day-to-day running of our warehouse and yard.
TO EXCEL IN THIS ROLE, YOU SHOULD:
- Be a key member of the dispatch team, ensuring customer orders are loaded and dispatched to schedule
- Ensure new inbound products are appropriately labelled and coded in line with our warehouse management requirements before booking them in and storing them safely in the designated pallet racking bay
- Take responsibility and drive improvement for all aspects of operations
- Ensure high levels of service for stock movement for all company clients, to agreed deadlines
- Work closely with the Company Director, Warehouse Manager, Assistant Manager and Company Staff to develop business performance and provision of service.
- Ensure warehouse and yard areas are utilised to the best effect
- Ensure best practices for stock rotation, space utilisation and forecasting warehouse mapping for future inbound goods
- Manage health and safety compliance for the business on a day-to-day basis and ensure a clean and tidy workplace at all times
- Be proactive with a positive ‘can do’ approach and will role model our company values and behaviours
- Be involved and knowledgeable in the day-to-day picking, packing and shipping operations of the company
- Provide advice and support to our related company Ruach Music Ltd
REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
- Competency and confidence with basic PC/IT Systems
- Ability to work well under time pressure and prioritise tasks
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Able to work independently & within a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong foresight and forecasting skills
- Ability to problem solve on demand
REQUIREMENTS – PREFERRED
- Operational/Team Management Experience: 2 years
- Forklift Driving Experience
Application Deadline: Wednesday 3rd August, 6 pm
Application Link: https://forms.gle/ZSxX68WaPch2nQq2A
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18,000-£23,000.00 per year